- This event has passed.
Raglar Relay at Elgin Grabouw Country Club – CANCELLED
23 May – 24 May
Gather your tribe. Your next running race just got GEES! ⛺🍻⛰
Ragnar Relay is an awesome team relay event where you and seven friends run relays to cover a total distance of roughly 170 kilometers over the course of a weekend. Do together what you can’t do alone!
Run. Eat. Chill. Nap. Eat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. 👌
How does the relay work:
▪ Your team runs three different trail routes, relay style, non-stop throughout the day and night AND next day.
▪ That’s one person and one trail at a time. The next teammate can only start his/her loop when your teammate has returned.
▪You’re finished when each teammate has completed all three different trail routes.
▪ There’s a 6km, a 7km, and a 9km loop, meaning you each total a half marathon(ish) and altogether your team knocks off a 170 kilometers(ish)! 💥
You said… Ragnar Race Village? ⛺🍻
▪ The Ragnar Village is at Elgin Country Club. This is where you’ll (g)clamp, where you start and finish all the runs.
▪ In between your loops, back home at Ragnar Village, you can rest your legs, hit up the food vendors, take in some tunes or a movie and relax with your team. Or get silly. Get dancing. Get yoga-ing. Get wet in the dam, play boardgames or stare at the stars. Less rules. More fun.
Looking for a more challenging Ragnar experience?
▪ Sign up as an Ultra Team
Half the team members, double the distance. Four runners take on the whole course. So get ready for extra mileage, two servings of pizza, and even less sleep.
▪ OR go Black Loop
If you’ve only got one friend and s/he’s also a badass, take on the BLACK LOOP RAGNAR. As a team of 2 you run together, covering each loop once on Day 1 to get your team start position for Day 2. Camp at the Village, get some sleep (you’re gonna need it) and fly out the blocks the next morning to race the 21km mountainous Black Loop.